Downriver CU Checking Account
A Downriver CU Checking account offers exceptional value and convenience. Here are some features for you to consider:
- Low minimum balance requirements (minimum balance of only $100)
- No monthly service charges
- No per check charge
- Overdraft protection
- Automatic payment of recurring bills
- Direct deposit
Do you want simple access to your accounts? We can help!
- VISA® Debit Card
- Virtual Branch Online Banking
- CheckFree® Online Bill Pay
- Zelle® personal payment service
- Telephone Banking (Member Telephone Service Line)
- Mobile Banking with Remote Deposit
- Co-Op Credit Union Network
Are you ready to switch your accounts to Downriver CU? Get started today by downloading our 3-Step Simple Switch Kit!
Contact a Member Services Representative at 313-386-2200, Option 4, during normal business hours to report any lost or stolen checks.
Yes, we can set up your account to overdraft from any of your available savings account balances or from a line of credit loan. Visit one of our office locations or give us a call at 313-386-2200, Option 4, and one of our Member Services Representatives would be happy to help.
Your money is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an independent agency of the United States Government. Your savings is federally insured up to $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Additional information regarding NCUA insurance can be found at MyCreditUnion.gov.
For a complete list of charges and fees for our accounts, please review our Fee Schedule.
Yes. At DownriverCU, we keep it simple. We offer just one business banking package, which includes our Simple Business Savings and our Simple Business Checking, making DownriverCU an easy choice to meet the growing needs of your business. To find out more details, including what is needed to open an account, please visit our Simple Business Banking page.
Yes, we have a partnership with Landis Wealth Management to provide investment services to our members.
Whatever you want to accomplish in life, the best place to start is with a financial plan. Making appropriate financial decisions based on your current and future goals is our priority. Depending on your life’s goals — whether saving for college, nearing retirement, or getting ready to start a family — we can help you plan for all of life’s moments. We can even help you plan for those unexpected emergencies.
You can request an appointment to meet with a Financial Advisor right in our office by visiting the Financial Planning page on our website.
We want to encourage our members to save money, therefore, we offer the following savings accounts:
- Prime Shares - This account is the basis for establishing your membership and enjoying all the other benefits Downriver CU has to offer.
- Youth Savings - If you want your chid to be on the path to financial success, you can get them started early by opening a Youth Savings Account.
- Special Savings - Whatever you may be saving for, this special account will keep you focused on your goal by separating the money you save from your other accounts.
- Christmas Club - A great way to save for your holiday purchases. Funds and earnings are made available on November 1st, just in time for the Christmas shopping season!
- High-Yield Savings - Allows you to earn a higher rate and still enjoy complete liquidity and access to your funds at all times.
Just click on the name of the account above that you are interested in to learn more about each individual type of account. We also offer Certificates of Deposit for those who want to earn a higher rate and plan to leave it for terms from 6 to 60 months. For our current rates on both Savings and Certificates, please review our Rates Page.
Yes, but it would be determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. The first $225.00 of your deposits, however, may be available immediately. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available immediately, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. Actions taken to put holds on checks are governed by our Funds Availability Policy which only applies to the availability of funds in “transaction accounts” subject to Regulation CC. Generally, transaction accounts are accounts that do not limit the number or types of withdrawals or transfers that may be made from the account such as your checking account. The credit union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts not governed by Regulation CC for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy.