Because we were originally started back in 1942 to provide a truly safe place for our members to save money, we are committed to this tradition by developing a great selection of accounts to encourage savings.
Whether you're saving for a new house or saving for retirement, we can help you make sure that you're going in the right direction.
Call us today! One of our Member Services Representatives will review your options, or if you need investment advice, will schedule an appointment with one of our Investment Partners!
Every savings account at Downriver Community Federal Credit Union is Federally Insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). This share insurance fund, an independent agency of the federal government, also insures credit union IRAs up to $250,000.
A special opportunity to earn a higher than average daily rate, and still enjoy complete liquidity and access to your funds at all times. Interest compounds daily and is paid monthly. A minimum balance of $2,000 is required to earn dividends.
EDUCATION Savings ACCOUNT
We offer our younger members the opportunity to open an Education Savings account with an initial deposit of only $100.00. This money market account pays dividends monthly at a higher interest rate of .50% above the current rate to help encourage children to save for their future education. The terms and conditions of the Education Savings account are as follows:
- Account maturity is by the age of 19.
- Account bonus to be paid if matured account is payable to a school will be 5% of the account balance up to $200.00.
- Upon maturity a check must be made payable to a school, if not then the bonus offer, 5% of the account balance up to $200.00 is forfeited.
- Premature withdrawal assesses a penalty and cannot be reopened for one year.
- Account penalty will be the loss of dividends for the last 90 days.