Downriver Community Photo Contest!
Have you taken a picture of a scene that captures the essence of what makes the Downriver community a great place to live?
Submit your photograph to the Seasonal Downriver Community Photo Contest for a chance to win cash prizes. All submissions will be entered into our 2022 Downriver Community Calendar Contest and may even be used in various Downriver CU communications (i.e. website, social media sites, press release, lobby displays, etc.).
WELCOME SIGN CONTEST: We are requesting the assistance of our members and friends to get pictures of the most attractive welcome sign for each city in which we do business (Allen Park, Brownstown Twp., Ecorse, Flat Rock, Gibraltar, Grosse Ile, Huron Twp., New Boston, Waltz, Willow, Lincoln Park, Melvindale, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor, Trenton, Woodhaven, and Wyandotte). If we use your picture, you will receive a gift card for $25.00, special recognition on our Facebook Page and in the 2022 Downriver Community Calendar! The deadline is Tuesday, October 12, 2021, so submit your photos today! *There is no limit to the number of Welcome Signs photos you submit as these are not counted as part of the 4 entries you submit for the general photo contest.
SEASONAL CONTEST PRIZE: $50.00, featured on Downriver CU Social Media, and entry into the Annual Downriver Community Calendar Contest with a chance to win cash prizes up to $300! See the list below for submission deadlines:
- Winter Photo Contest - December 21, 2020 to March 19, 2021
- Spring Photo Contest - March 20 to June 19, 2021
- Summer Photo Contest - June 20 to September 21, 2021
- Fall Photo Contest - September 22 to December 20, 2021 (Since our deadline for the 2021 Annual Calendar Contest is October 17, 2021, all entries received after this date will be automatically entered into the following year's contest)
ANNUAL CALENDAR CONTEST PRIZES:
- 1st Place: $300.00
- 2nd Place: $200.00
- 3rd Place: $100.00
- Runners-Up (photos not in the top 3, but have been accepted for use in the calendar or other marketing materials): $25.00
Photos submitted can be of...
- Landmarks from any of the 18 Downriver cities and townships that are served by Downriver CU.
- Cityscapes, structures, or buildings
- Landscapes and nature
- Seasonal scenes (Winter, Spring, Summer, or Autumn)
- Other unique Downriver scenes
Photographs should be "Distinctly Downriver"...in other words, anyone familiar with the Downriver community should recognize the landmarks, scenes, or features of the picture as being from the Downriver area.
Important Notice: We usually get a lot of "riverfront" pictures, so to stand out and have a higher chance of being included, look for pictures all over the Downriver area, including the 18 different cities that we do business.
Photo requirements: Photos should be submitted in a digital format (using the link below) and should be no smaller than 1200 x 933 (300 px/inch). Limit of 1 entry per person per season (winter, spring, summer, autumn)--with a total of 4 entries submitted.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THE ANNUAL PHOTO CONTEST: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2021!Go to main navigation